3. Information IC May Collect About You.
We collect the following types of information on the Web site:
- “Personal Information” is information that is used by the IC to identify you individually, such as your name and address.
- “Aggregate Information” is information that does not contain Personal Information or from which Personal Information has been removed. An example of Aggregate Information is information about use of the Web site, such as pages visited on the Web site.
- “Financial Information” means financial information collected during the online mortgage or loan application process. Financial Information is collected and used in accordance with the policies outlined by the lender utilized by IC to manage the Web-based pre-qualification process when achieved via this Web site. The actual information we collect from you depends on the services you use on the Web site. The following is a more detailed explanation of some of the types and uses of information we collect.
- E-mail Services. If you provide us with your e-mail address and opt in to any email notification features that IC may now have or may develop in the future, you may receive email from time to time from IC. Each email you receive from IC will contain an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email message which will provide you the opportunity to opt out of receiving future communications from IC by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link and following the unsubscribe instructions.
- Information Request Forms. The Web site contains various request forms that allow you to request information, products and services and to submit resumes to IC. For instance, we may collect information such as your preferences regarding location, size and price of a new home. When we collect such information, we may share it with third parties as is necessary to respond to your request.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may collect information through online surveys, questionnaires or information requests on the Web site. These surveys may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest) and customer feedback. Participation in such surveys, questionnaires or information requests is voluntary and with each request you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. We may use such survey information to analyze the Web site and to improve users' overall experience on the Web site.
- Administrative Purposes. We may collect and use information that identifies you personally when you submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Web site. For example, if you submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit information requests we will use the information you provide to respond to you. We also may collect and use your information to contact you when necessary for other administrative purposes. If you do submit comments, questions or suggestions through the Web site, please do not include confidential personal or financial information in such requests. Such e-mail will be maintained in accordance with our corporate e-mail and document retention policies.
- Résumés. If you submit your resume to us or complete a form related to a job opening on the Web site, we may use the information to contact you, in our sole discretion, or we may store it in our files in a manner consistent with the way we store other information related to job applications.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal and Aggregate Information.
Personal Information. IC will not sell or disclose your Personal Information
without your consent except as set forth below.
Consultants. From time to time IC engages consultants that may need access to the information we collect to perform their services for us, such as administering our mailing lists. We require that our consultants keep Personal Information confidential and use it only in accordance with the service agreement between IC and such consultant.
- Transaction Processing. When you complete an information request form or otherwise indicate to us that you want us to provide you with a product or service (such as a request to be included in mailings about our future projects), we share and maintain the data needed for you to receive the products or services you have requested.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is reasonably necessary to: (a) conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on IC or the Web site; or (b) protect and defend our rights or property, including the Web site, our employees, guests or the public.
- Company Sale. Because information collected through the Web site is a trade secret and asset of IC, we may disclose or sell such information in the event we entertain the sale of IC or some or all of its assets.
- Employment. If you submit a resume or other information to us in connection with a job opening at IC, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and any other information you submit to employees and consultants involved in the recruiting and hiring of job applicants.
Aggregate Information: IC collects “Aggregate Information” about you and your use of the Web site whenever you visit IC online. For instance, IC may collect various forms of “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for our Web site (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when users request pages on the Web site, IC’s servers automatically log the users IP address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web. IC may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Aggregate Information. However, if IC correlates any Aggregate Information to you, such information will be treated like Personal Information under this Policy.
5. Cookies. IC may make use of “cookies” on the Web site. Cookies are small text files that are stored on a user's computer by a web server based on the permissions set in a user's browser software. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from a user's computer (other than the contents of the cookie); rather, it is an identifier used by the Web site that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customize, monitor, or regulate the use of a site based on information stored in the cookie and the host server. Therefore, cookies only identify the user's computer to the Web site that may correlate other information, including personal information, with the cookie. Cookies allow IC to automate access and data entry functions of the Web site such as login information, correlate online ordering information for purchases, tailor the Web site to your preferences or interests, or customize promotions or marketing. In addition, cookies allow us to track usage of the Web site to determine which areas are useful or popular and which are not, thereby enabling us to improve and update the Web site effectively.
6. Security. IC uses reasonable efforts to store and maintain personal information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by any unauthorized party. If you are asked to provide financial information in connection with your request for IC’s products or services, such information will be collected through a secure internet connection using reasonable commercial security measures. We store no financial information or social security information on the Web site. When we do transmit your data, we use only secure servers using current encryption technology to encode your data safely. We make reasonable efforts to attempt to prevent the unauthorized access of our systems containing personal data.
7. Breach of Security. In the event of a breach of our information system security that may compromise your personal financial information, we will promptly notify you of such breach at the e-mail address that we have on file for you. We reserve the right to reasonably delay such notification as may reasonably be necessary as part of any internal investigation or law enforcement efforts related to such breach.
8. Outside Links. While on the Web site, you may be referred to web sites other than IC’s Web site. A link from the Web site to such a third party Web site does not imply endorsement of that site nor any ability to control that site's privacy practices. Be aware that third party Web sites may collect data and personal information and operate according to their own privacy practices. Therefore, you should carefully review the privacy policies of third party Web sites before submitting any Personal Information to them.
9. Opting Out, Removal of Personal Information and Contacting Us. Any time your provide us with Personal Information, the Web site provides you the opportunity to opt out of receiving further communications from us. To opt out of receiving marketing information or to unsubscribe from any specific e-mail service, e-mail a request to email@example.com. If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, or the accuracy of any Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request removal of your Personal Information from our system(s) by contacting email@example.com. We will comply with your request except to the extent we are required to maintain your information in accordance with our document retention policies or applicable laws or regulations. If at any time you feel that the Company has not adhered to this policy, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to respond promptly to your concerns.